Friday, December 5, 2008

Unemployment is officially over!

After thirty-four days, I have a job. I got my dream part time cooking job (not dream real job, the position for official sleep-in-late-eat-ggod-food-and-make-100000-a-year hasn't become available yet) of cooking pizza back, not at Dion's or Venezzia's but at Mario's Pizzeria and Ristorante. Its pretty awesome. I make pizza for about 5 hours a day durring the week and 10 hours a day on the weekends...not ideal hours, but beggars can't be chosers. The best part about it is that i work next to a 70 something Italian imigrant who has been making pizza for upwards of fifty years. Thats a man who knows his pies. Then there's the funny awkward situations when his wife (mama, we call her) comes into the kitchen and starts yelling at Mario in Italian. I don't quite know what any of it means...but it sonuds pretty awesome. If I could chose a language to cuss people out in other than English it would have to be Italian...without a doubt!

Ma'hogany

No comments: